- Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of application
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or a Lawfully Authorized Alien Worker
- Must present original birth certificate (or notarized copy)
- Must be a High School graduate and present original (or notarized copy) of diploma, transcripts, or GED certificate meeting minimum state standards to include scores
- Veterans must provide proof of military service (DD214) member copy #4; if you are currently in the military, you must have an official letter from the military indicating your ETS date
- Possess a valid North Carolina driver's license appropriate for vehicle operating within 30 days of employment
- Must have been licensed to drive for a minimum of one year, with no loss of license within the past year and an acceptable driving record in accordance with the City of Fayetteville Driving Standard.
Click here to view the City of Fayetteville's driving standard.
- Must have no felony and limited misdemeanor convictions
- Must be in good physical condition as required by the essential job functions and willing to submit to a pre-employment drug screening and physical examination upon conditional offer of employment.
- Must be able to meet standards for NC EMT certification within one year of employment.